Need some help in improving your conditioning in this off-season? Incorporate this barbell complex into your normal strength and conditioning program for fast results in very little time.
What is a Barbell Complex?
A barbell or dumbbell complex is essentially a series of exercises performed back to back for the prescribed rep range utilizing one barbell, or a pair of dumbbells throughout the entire routine.
Benefits of Performing Barbell Complexes:
- Improves cardiovascular capacity
- Boosts your muscular endurance
- Takes little time to perform
In the words of Alwyn Cosgrove, "complexes elevate metabolism beyond anything you've ever experienced before.”
The Workout: Cosgrove’s Evil 8
INSTRUCTIONS: Perform each of the below exercises in succession starting with 6 reps per exercise resting 90 seconds in between rounds. Each round you complete, reduce the number of reps per exercise by 1 until (6 rounds total).
- Romanian Deadlift
- Bent-over Row
- Power Clean
- Front Squat
- Push Press
- Back Squat
- Good Morning
- Pick a weight you can do the entire workout. If you’re not used to doing this type of complex starting with just the Olympic bar will do.
- Use as your main workout, warm-up, or to finish your workout off.
- Be sure to record your weight used and total time to complete to track your progress.
Thanks for reading, if you have any questions or feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.